TerraNova Test (Also Terra Nova) Overview
What is the TerraNova?
The TerraNova Test is an achievement test commonly given to students in grades K-12 that measures achievement in reading, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, vocabulary, spelling, and other areas. The TerraNova Test is published by CTB/McGraw-Hill and has set the bar for the highest standards in research, item reliability and validity, and technical quality.
Prepare your child to tackle all five TerraNova subject areas with ease. TestingMom.com can help! We have thousands of Terra Nova Test Prep questions, organized by grade level, to help your children build the confidence and familiarity to score high on their Terra Nova tests.
Plus, we offer parent resources to help you navigate the testing process, access to 30+ games from top educational publishers, a Parent Success Team who’s standing by to help with your questions and more!
Want to try us out? Sign up for a free account today and get 100 practice questions.
The Terra Nova Test offers multiple assessments to measure important higher-order thinking skills as well as basic and applied skills. These assessments generate norm-referenced achievement scores, criterion-referenced objective mastery scores, and performance-level information. The subjects tested on the Terra Nova Test include Reading, Language, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
TerraNova Complete Battery provides detailed diagnostic information. This series of assessments generates precise norm-referenced achievement scores, a full complement of criterion referenced objective mastery scores, and performance-level information.
TerraNova Survey is an abbreviated version of the Complete Battery and provides a general measure of achievement with a minimum amount of testing time. The Survey generates norm referenced achievement scores, criterion-referenced objective mastery scores, and performance-level information.
Finally, TerraNova Plus Tests provide in-depth information about students’ basic skills. Use them to measure important skills in Word Analysis, Vocabulary, Language Mechanics, Spelling and Mathematical Computation. The Plus tests are used for additional diagnostic information about your child.
Breakdown for the TerraNova Tests
- Reading – Oral Comprehension, Basic Understanding, Analyze Text, Evaluate and Extend Meaning, Reading and Writing Strategies and Introduction to Print
- Language – Sentence Structure, Writing Strategies, Editing Skills
- Mathematics – Number and Number Relations, Computation and Numerical Estimation, Operation Concepts, Measurement, Geometry and Spatial Sense, Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability, Patterns, Functions, Algebra, Problem Solving and Reasoning, and Communication
- Science – Science Inquiry, Physical Science, Life Science, Earth and Space Science, Science and Technology, Personal and Social Perspectives in Science and History and Nature of Science
- Social Studies – Geographic Perspectives, Historical and Cultural Perspectives, Civics & Government Perspectives and Economic Perspectives
Want to help your children build the confidence and familiarity they need to score higher on the Terra Nova Test? Join TestingMom.com! In addition to thousands of Terra Nova Test Prep practice questions, we’ve also got lessons for parents so you understand the best way to help your child prep for this important test.
We’ll get you started with 100 free practice questions. Just sign up for a free account below to try us out!
What type of test is the Terra Nova?
The Terra Nova Test is an achievement based test which includes subjects like math, reading comprehension, ELA, science and vocabulary.
Looking for more resources to help your child approach the TerraNova Test with confidence? TestingMom.com can help with:
- Thousands of TerraNova practice test questions, organized by grade level and subject, to help your child build confidence and familiarity for Test Day.
- A customizable program, based on your child’s grade level and upcoming tests, so you can target your child’s prep for maximum improvement.
- Interactive practice with 30+ games from top educational publishers to strengthen your child’s skills in the same areas the TerraNova tests: math, language arts, reading, science and social studies.
- A Parent Success Team to help you if you need a little advice or if you get stuck.
- Over 100,000 practice questions for the most popular tests for Pre-K to 8th Grade, including gifted and talented, private school admissions, state tests and more—all for one low price.
- Parent resources to help you easily navigate your child’s testing process.
Want to try us out? Sign up for a free account today and get 100 free practice questions.