Avoid the Summer Slide: Free Webinar for NPN Parents
Avoiding the Summer Slide – FREE Webinar Exclusively for NPN Parents!
Thursday, May 28 at 8pm CT
We’ll email you the webinar information after you register below.
According to a study from Johns Hopkins Center for Summer Learning indicates:
“A conservative estimate of lost instructional time is approximately two months or roughly 22 percent of the school year. It’s common for teachers to spend at least a month re-teaching material that students have forgotten over the summer. That month of re-teaching eliminates a month that could have been spent on teaching new information and skills.”
Make sure your child avoids the summer slide!
Join Karen Quinn (aka The Testing Mom), best-selling author of The Ivy Chronicles and Testing for Kindergarten and co-founder of TestingMom.com as she and Michael McCurdy, co-founder of TestingMom.com, discuss how to avoid the summer slide.
Here’s what you’ll learn at this free webinar:
- The cumulative impact the summer slide has on kids
- The 7-abilities every child needs for school success and how you can build each one at home in the course of everyday life during the summer.
Ideas for summer planning whether at home or on vacation.
- Offline summer activities to make sure your child avoids the summer slide.
- Live Q&A from the audience
- Bonus: All attendees of this free webinar will receive a FREE e-book of the TestingMom.com Testing Survival Guide and Summer Enrichment Pl;an.
KAREN QUINN has been a featured expert on school admissions on ABC’s 20/20 and The View and in the New York Times, Forbes, Redbook, Woman’s Day, and more. She is the author of Testing For Kindergarten (along with four other novels, including the best-seller: The Ivy Chronicles), creator of IQ Fun Park.