- The information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information
- How we share information
- The choices we offer
Personally Identifiable Information That We Collect:
We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us, such as by signing up to receive testing questions or other materials, completing an inquiry form or otherwise choosing to share your personally identifiable information with us. You may be required to submit certain personally identifiable information when you register on the Service. The personally identifiable information which you may provide to us could include your name, email address, physical address or zip code, phone number, credit card number and other personal information.
Non-Identifiable Or Aggregate Information That We Collect:
When you access our Service or use the TestingMom.com services, we may automatically collect non-personally identifiable information from you, such as IP host address, web pages viewed, browser type, operating system, referring service, search information, device type, page views, usage and browsing habits on the Service and similar data. We may also aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular state) in a manner which does not identify any one individual. We may also aggregate information collected offline in connection with the Service or use of our services, obtain non-personally identifiable information from third party sources and develop aggregate information by anonymizing previously collected personally identifiable information.
It is possible at times when collecting non-personally identifiable information through automatic means that we may unintentionally collect or receive personally identifiable information that is mixed in with the non-personally identifiable information. While we will make reasonable efforts to prevent such incidental data collection, the possibility still exists. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected your personal information, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only use your personally identifiable information as described below, unless you have specifically consented to another type of use, either at the time the personally identifiable information is collected from you or through some other form of consent from you or notification to you:
- We may share your personally identifiable information collected in connection with providing the Service.
- We may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your inquires or requests.
- We may permit our vendors and subcontractors to access your personally identifiable information, but they are only permitted to do so in connection with performing services for us. They are not authorized by us to use the information for their own benefit unless authorized by you.
- We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties to further the purpose for which you provided such information to us; for example, we may share your information with Litle & Co/Vantiv. and CyberSource Corporation, as necessary for processing your purchases made online via the Service. We urge you to read Litle & Co./Vantiv and CyberSource Corporation’s privacy practices before submitting any personal credit card information through the Service.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information as required by law or legal process.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for our services or our sponsors.
- We may transfer your personally identifiable information in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of TestingMom.com or the division responsible for the services with which your personally identifiable information is associated.
- We may share your personally identifiable information with an affiliate of TestingMom.com who is in the same corporate family as us as long as their privacy practices are substantially similar to ours.
Non- personally identifiable or aggregate information may be used by us for any purposes permitted by law and may be shared with any number of parties, provided that such information shall not specifically identify you.
Cookies and Similar Technologies:
If you delete your cookies, change browsers or use a different cookie, our cookie (or an opt-out cookie) may no longer work and you will have to reinput (or opt-out) again.
The security of your personally identifiable information is very important to us. When we collect your personally identifiable information online, we use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your personally identifiable information will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of our Service and TestingMom.com services demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your personally identifiable information. For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy.
Your Disclosures In Blogs And Other Social Media:
You should be aware that personally identifiable information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum such as an in-person panel or survey, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your personally identifiable information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personally identifiable information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
Your Disclosures To Partner Sites:
Protection for Children:
We generally do not collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If at any time in the future we plan to collect personally identifiable information from children under 18, such collection and use, to the extent applicable, shall, when required, be done in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and appropriate consent from the child’s parent or guardian will be sought where required by COPPA. When we become aware that personally identifiable information from a child under 18 has been collected without such child’s parent or guardian’s consent, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third-party Services from within our Service. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party sites. When you link away from our Service, you do so at your own risk.
Communications with TestingMom.com:
No Rights of Third Parties:
Site Terms and Conditions:
United States of America:
Special Notice for EU Visitors under the GDPR:
Further Clarification on Personal Data:
When you access our services or website, we may collect other data unique or possibly unique to you. This includes IP Address, a random alphanumeric identifier known as a “track id” which is reset upon clearing your cookies in your browser, another random alphanumeric identifier known as “session id” which is randomly assigned every session on the TestingMom site, and, if you’ve created an account with us, your user_id, which is a number. If you have given us your e-mail address, we may store your content preferences regarding emails we send you, for example grade preferences, test preferences, zip code, and whether you have opened previous emails or not.
Your Children’s Data:
We do ask, optionally, for your child’s age, in order to make recommendations for services and offers relevant to your child’s age. We also ask the name your child for the use of certain apps, such as Digital Tutor. These apps cannot function without that piece of info, as we use it to show you information regarding your child’s progress.
We use third-party software for a variety of uses. This includes e-mail service providers (how we send email to you!), Analytics websites (how we look at groups of anonymous people), and online-advertising services (How we see how we acquire customers). Generally, these uses and third-parties are:
- Using aggregate, and rarely, personal numerical identifiers, personal data, for monitoring site trends, to be used for improving the TestingMom site.
- Using data to make personalized recommendations and offers through e-mail.
- Using anonymized data to show content and services of TestingMom.com on third-party sites.
- Using anonymized data to track any purchases and signups, for monitoring site performance.
- Using non-anonymized data to communicate with our customers, with your consent, through chat, email, or phone.
- Using personal data for setting up accounts with partner programs, explicitly with your permission.
For additional details please contact email@example.com.
How Long We Keep Data:
We keep data regarding your account, including any signups, purchases, and services indefinitely. Other Personal Data is kept for a maximum of three years.
Controlling Your Data:
You can opt-in to or out of various data usages here.
Accessing, Rectifying, and Deleting Your Data:
You are entitled to view your data, edit it, or ask us to delete it. Requests for any of these should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is expected that this will request will be completed within 30 days, however, in some cases, it may take up to 90 days or longer
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: email@example.com.