Free Tele-seminar Bring Out the Giftedness In Your Child
Live Tele-seminar for Parents: How to Bring out the Giftedness in Your Child!
Sponsored by: Amy McCready from Positive Parenting Solutions
Sign-up form at bottom of the page!
Who should attend: If you are a parent of a newborn to 5th grader you should attend!
When: Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 9pm ET (8pm CT, 7pm MT, 6pm PT). No computer needed – just dial-in from your phone!
Sign-up at bottom of the page!
What does it really mean for a child to be gifted? Can you measure it on an IQ test? Is giftedness defined by a group of qualities that parents can observe such an extensive vocabulary, strong curiosity, and great thinking skills? Does your child seem brilliant at times, but the teacher says he’s lazy at school? Could a child like that be gifted, but bored? If you’ve ever wondered if your child might be gifted, don’t miss this webinar on gifted children with Karen Quinn and Michael McCurdy, co-founders of TestingMom.com. In this FREE tele seminar, you will discover:
- a time-tested giftedness checklist – if 17 out of 25 qualities are “true” for your child, there’s an 84% chance he or she will test as gifted,
- what to do if your child is gifted in one area, but struggling in another (“twice-exceptional” children),
- what type of “giftedness” matters for school gifted or GATE programs,
- what special issues intellectually gifted children face,
- what you as a parent can do to help your child discover his or her gifts and then nurture them for school and life success!
Karen Quinn, The Testing Mom, has been a featured expert on school admissions on ABC’s 20/20 and The View and in the New York Times, Forbes, Redbook, Woman’s Day, and more. She is the author of Testing For Kindergarten (along with four other novels, including The Ivy Chronicles), creator of IQ Fun Park, and co-founder of TestingMom.com. Michael McCurdy has a daughter in the very competitive New York City gifted and talented program and is a popular daddy-blogger on the topic of NYC gifted and talented programs. He co-founded TestingMom.com with Karen in 2010.