NYC Gifted and Talented and Private School Admissions Seminar (June 16, PM)
What’s On the Tests? Understanding the NYC Gifted and Talented Program Testing and Private School and Admissions Process in our NYC Parent Seminar
Register at BOTTOM of page for the TestingMom.com NYC Parent Seminar on Saturday, June 16, 2018, from 3 PM to 5 PM.
Who should attend:
- Parents and caregivers of students from Pre-K through 5th Grade who are preparing for the Fall deadlines for Private School admissions.
- Parents and caregivers of students Pre-K to 2nd Grade for NYC Gifted and Talented (G&T) test and school placement.
- Karen Quinn, “The Testing Mom”, Co-founder of TestingMom.com
- Two Special Guest Speakers: Two NYC Parents who have been through the NYC G&T Parents AND gotten their children into their dream schools.
This discussion will update you and inform you about the resources to manage your next steps with your children: if you are just beginning the process, in the midst of it, or even considering the options for a year from now.
If you’re a parent to a preschooler or early elementary school-aged child and feel overwhelmed or confused by the NYC gifted and talented program eligibility testing and/or private school admissions, please RSVP today for an informative parent seminar with our team of NYC experts on June 16th, 2018 at 3 PM. We’ve got a wealth of resources to help walk you through it — and our expertise has already helped thousands of kids double their odds of getting into these highly competitive NYC G&T and private school programs!
IMPORTANT: We love your kids, but due to the complexity of topic please ensure there are NO CHILDREN at this event.
Register at BOTTOM of page.
When: Saturday June 16, 2018.
Time: 3 PM to 5 PM
Where: Right near Penn Station, address will be sent out before the event.
At this parent seminar you’ll learn:
All about the NYC G&T (including Hunter) tests and admissions:
- All about the tests given to determine eligibility for NYC’s highly competitive programs (the NNAT, OLSAT, AABL, Stanford-Binet, etc.).
- Effective ways to help your child perform well on test day, including techniques for getting through the questions, sitting still, overcoming anxiety, paying attention and feeling confident about going into a testing situation with a complete stranger.
- Test prep resources: What should I be doing when it is a month in advance of my child’s G&T test?
- A high-level overview of NYC’s various private schools, G&T programs and admissions processes, including the school visits and interviews.
- What things you can do at home to help your child prepare for testing.
- You’ll also participate in a live Q&A with our experts who will be happy to discuss your unique concerns and answer your questions.
We’ll also answer all your questions about NYC private School where you’ll learn:
- How to make your list of schools to apply to gives your child the best chance for success.
- Update on the new AABL test now required for most private schools in New York City.
- How to determine which schools are a good fit for your child and family.
- What to expect when your child is tested – how you can best prepare.
- Tips on making your amazing child sound irresistible in your application essays.
- Best ways to make the most of your parent interview.
- First Choice Letters – To do or not to do?
- Juggling offers and wait-list letters at the end.
- Frank, unbiased answers to all your private school questions.
Seating is limited, so don’t wait — register below for your ticket today! This seminar will fill up FAST!