› Karen and Michael Answer Questions of the Week and How to Review Questions with Your Child (Audio Teleseminar Jan. 12, 2011) – Top 1% and Top 5%
Karen and Michael Answer Questions of the Week and How to Review Questions with Your Child (Audio Teleseminar Jan. 12, 2011) – Top 1% and Top 5%
posted by Karen Quinn, The Testing Mom - January 13th, 2011[audio:https://cdn.testingmom.com/uploads/Karen-Michael-weekly-review-test-review-and-QA-jan12-2011.mp3]
Click on the player just above to listen to the audio teleseminar hosted by Karen Quinn, the Testing Mom, and Michael McCurdy, NYC Gifted and Talented Parent Expert.ake
Topics covered during this teleseminar
- Karen reviews in-depth our TestingMom.com Twenty Questions and how best to ask your child.
- Q&A answered during this teleseminar:
- My first question is about the difficulty level of the OLSAT prep test questions from TestingMom – whether they are easier, harder or comparable to the actual OLSAT test.
- I have heard the classification section on the real test can be confusing for kids because the questions can have more than one right answers, although one is more obvious than the other. Often young kids can detect differences that adults don’t see as they tend to think outside the box. Do you have any suggestions for how to prepare for this section?
- Do you know what goes on during Round 2 of Hunter and how can we prepare for it?
- How are the kids tested? Are they expected to read the questions for themselves?
- Can the test be taken abroad? Also is the G&T program only available in public schools or in private schools too? At what age does the program begin e.g. if a child takes the test at age 4 can they start the program at age 4 or do all kids start the programme at age 7?