› Update – TestingMom.com Live Parents Information Session in February 2012
Update – TestingMom.com Live Parents Information Session in February 2012
posted by Karen Quinn, The Testing Mom - March 17th, 2012
On Wednesday, February 15, 2012 TestingMom.com co-founders and testing authorities Karen Quinn and Michael McCurdy presented to a jammed packed crowd at the Poet’s House in downtown Manhattan where they answered all questions G&T and private school admissions testing. The questions and answer format of the meeting really set the pace for one of the most successful information sessions yet for TestingMom.com. Testing Mom reviewed all the questions submitted by the audience prior to those questions being addressed.
Some of the many questions that parents anxiously awaited to find out the answers to were:
- The OLSAT test is over, now what? What should you do now that your little one has taken the test?
- What are the many options for private schools and gifted and talented schools in NYC?
- What questions should you be asking during school tours for both G&T and private schools? Where to find secret school ratings given by parents and teachers at each of the public schools in New York City.
- How do you go about seeing your child’s OLSAT test results and what should you look for during the OLSAT test review?
- What about school ranking for NYC gifted and talented programs?
- NYC private school results are out next week – what if we are wait listed at our first choice school? Private school contracts are due before we know about gifted program admissions – how do we handle this?
- And many more.
The live audience Q&A engaged the audience as the parents sat on the edge of their seats to find out answers to these questions and many more.
The session lasted over two hours and Michael McCurdy, co-founder of TestingMom.com and NYC gifted and talented parent expert, said, “It’s great to see so many involved parents in New York City who really want the best gifted and talented program appropriate for their child.”
TestingMom.com provides parents practice questions to help their child prepare for gifted and talented testing and private school admissions testing. TestingMom.com’s extensive inventory of original test prep materials for concepts based upon commonly-used intelligence tests, including the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales, the WPPSI-ERB test (Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence), the Bracken School Readiness Assessment, the CogAT (Cognitive Abilities Test), NNAT (Naglieri Non-Verbal Ability Test), ITBS, WISC-4, Raven’s Progressive Matrices and KBIT-2.