1. What is the i-Ready Diagnostic?
The i-Ready Diagnostic is a computer adaptive achievement assessment in Mathematics and Reading.
2. What is a computer adaptive test?
i-Ready dynamically adapts to a student’s responses. As your child works through the questions, three consecutive correct answers will result in more difficult questions, while three consecutive incorrect answers will result in easier questions. Questions on the i-Ready Diagnostic can range up to 3-grade levels higher than your child’s current grade level.
3. What is the purpose of the i-Ready Diagnostic?
As an adaptive test, the purpose of the i-Ready is to determine how to best support your child’s learning. i-Ready also includes personalized instruction, which your child’s school may use to complement their everyday curriculum.
4. How often is the i-Ready Diagnostic administered?
The i-Ready Diagnostic may be administered up to three times a year.
- Fall Administration – Beginning of school year – November 15
- Winter Administration – November 16 – March 1
- Spring Administration – March 2 – end of school year
5. What domains are covered for Math and Reading?
These domains are covered on all math tests:
- Algebra and Algebraic Thinking
- Measurement and Data
- Numbers and Operations
These domains are covered on reading tests:
- Comprehension: Literature (K-8)
- Comprehension: Informational Text (K-8)
- High-Frequency Words (K-2 only; 3-8 depending on child’s performance)
- Phonics (K-2 only; 3-8 depending on child’s performance)
- Phonological Awareness (K-1 only; 2 depending on child’s performance)
Want to try us out? Sign up for a free account today and get 100 practice questions.
See if TestingMom.com supports your child’s test by your school district. If you don't see your child's school district listed, check with us! We have practice for other tests as well.
Tell us about your experiences
Hello – Do I need to pay to access to i-Ready? Please advise.
We currently have resources on our site for i-Ready practice. If you haven’t purchased a membership, please get in touch with our Parent Success Team by calling 877-609-6203 or emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org. They can help navigate all the resources we have for i-Ready.