ISEE Test (Independent School Entrance Exam)
What is the ISEE?
The Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE Test) is an achievement/reasoning test that many independent schools around the country use to evaluate children for private school entry. It was developed by the ERB. It can be administered in an ERB office or at a school. The ISEE test has five sections (Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning/Math Achievement, Reading Comprehension, and an optional Writing exercise) at three levels to evaluate children for entry into grades 5 and 6, grades 7 and 8, and grades 9 through 12. The materials at TestingMom.com can be used for 4th, 5th and 6th graders applying to the next grade level.
- Offered for Grades 2 – 12
- Available nationally and internationally
- Accepted by over 1,200 independent schools around the world
- Available in both online and paper modalities and in both open and closed (invitation only) administrations
- Shows a standard assessment of skills for each applicant, ranking his or her reasoning and achievement skills among students in the same grade
- Enables students to take a single, fair, and reliable test for entrance into top-performing independent schools
- Used by consortia throughout the U.S. and internationally, and for the City of Boston’s Exam Schools
- Most advanced admission test available for independent schools.
Video: What is the ISEE Test?
ISEE Skill Assessment
The ISEE test has five sections:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Math Achievement
- Reading Comprehension
- Optional Writing exercise
These tests are presented at four levels to evaluate children for entry into grades 2 through 4, grades 5 and 6, grades 7 and 8, and grades 9 through 12. TestingMom.com offers a variety of practice materials for the ISEE.