Best Methods for NYS Assessment Test Prep
TestingMom.com offers a wide variety of practice questions and games to help practice for the NYS assessments. View 100 free practice questions below.
As parents, there are a few important tips that you can pass on to your child as they are studying and preparing to take the NYS Assessment.
- Encourage your child to carefully read each question in full. They should not answer the question before understanding what is being asked.
- Have your child test each answer choice before eliminating it.
- Don’t be afraid to take your best educated guess!
- To improve your odds of guessing right, ALWAYS eliminate answer choices that you feel are wrong before you guess.
- Watch out for “distractors” – answers that seem obvious but are incorrect.
The NYS Specific Resources in the following links will be of help, as well: New York has implemented Common Core Learning Standards which include the Common Core State Standards and the New York Core Curriculum. Students take tests based on the New York State Testing Program.
Also, for Elementary Grades 3-5, here are practice questions from the Office of State Assessment (OSA).