NNAT by Grade Level
TestingMom.com offers practice questions and materials for NNAT from Kindergarten through Eighth Grade. No matter what grade level your child is in, begin your practice with questions lower than grade level and work your way up (and past grade level if possible). Questions on the NNAT build with easier concepts in lower grades. View sample questions below:
NNAT Level A Practice Questions
This level is designed for kindergarten children who are at least five years old. It has 38 questions and the students are given 30 minutes to complete the test. The test covers two nonverbal sections: Pattern Completion and Reasoning by Analogy.
Challenges: At this age, students may struggle with focus and following instructions, as it’s often their first experience with a structured testing environment. They may also find it difficult to understand the concept of analogies or patterns, which can make the questions challenging.
- Kindergarten Sample Questions – Level A: Pattern Completion, Reasoning by Analogy
NNAT Level B Practice Questions
Level B is intended for 1st-grade students. It contains 48 questions, split between Reasoning by Analogy, Pattern Completion, and Serial Reasoning, and the allotted time is also 30 minutes.
Challenges: The introduction of Serial Reasoning can be a challenge at this level. Children at this age are still developing their reasoning skills, and the concept of sequences can be abstract and complex for them to grasp.
- 1st Grade Sample Questions – Level B: Pattern Completion, Reasoning by Analogy, Serial Reasoning
NNAT Level C Practice Questions
This level is for 2nd graders and also comprises 48 questions within the 30-minute timeframe. The test sections are similar to Level B, but the complexity of the questions is increased.
Challenges: At this level, the increased complexity and abstract nature of the questions can be a challenge. The pressure to complete the test within the time limit can also cause stress and anxiety, which may impact performance.
- 2nd Grade Sample Questions -Level C: Pattern Completion, Reasoning by Analogy, Serial Reasoning, Spatial Visualization
NNAT Level D Practice Questions
Designed for students in 3rd and 4th grades, Level D consists of 48 questions in the same sections as previous levels but at a higher complexity. The test remains 30 minutes long.
Challenges: The complexity of the patterns and analogies increases significantly at this level. Students may struggle with more complex pattern recognition and analogical reasoning. Time management can also become a significant challenge as the test questions become more complex.
- 3rd Grade Sample Questions -Level D: Pattern Completion, Reasoning by Analogy, Serial Reasoning, Spatial Visualization
- 4th Grade Sample Questions -Level D: Pattern Completion, Reasoning by Analogy, Serial Reasoning, Spatial Visualization
NNAT Level E Practice Questions
Level E is intended for students in 5th and 6th grades. The structure remains similar to previous levels, with the same number of questions and time frame.
Challenges: At this level, questions continue to increase in complexity and students are expected to use more advanced reasoning skills. Some may struggle with the abstract thought required to complete the questions correctly and within the time limit.
- 5th Grade Sample Questions -Level E: Pattern Completion, Reasoning by Analogy, Serial Reasoning, Spatial Visualization
- 6th Grade Sample Questions -Level E: Pattern Completion, Reasoning by Analogy, Serial Reasoning, Spatial Visualization
NNAT Level F Practice Questions
Finally, Level F is designed for students in 7th and 8th grades. It remains consistent with 48 questions and a 30-minute time limit.
Challenges: With the most complex questions of all the levels, this test requires significant abstract reasoning skills. Students may also find it challenging to complete the test within the given time frame. Test anxiety and stress may also have an impact on performance.
- 7th Grade Sample Questions – Level F: Reasoning by Analogy, Serial Reasoning, Spatial Visualization
- 8th Grade Sample Questions – Level F: Reasoning by Analogy, Serial Reasoning, Spatial Visualization
* Note – Some grades share the same level. Grades 3-4 are Level D, Grades 5-6 are Level E, and Grades 7-9 are Level F.
Want to try us out? Sign up for a free account today and get 100 practice questions.