HSPT Verbal Skills Practice Questions
Below you will find sample questions that are representative of Verbal Skills questions your child will see on the test but are not taken directly from the actual HSPT that is being administered this year.
The HSPT Verbal Skills subtest includes questions covering:
- Analogies – understanding relationships between words and word pairs
- Synonyms – pairing words that are close in meaning
- Logic – evaluating a conclusion based on two other statements
- Verbal Classification – identifying a word that doesn’t belong with others in the group
- Antonyms – pairing words that are opposite in meaning
1. Settler is to stay as nomad is to .
2. Flaccid most nearly means
3. Cheetah A runs faster than cheetah B. Cheetah C runs faster than cheetah A. Cheetah C runs faster than cheetah B. If the first two statements are true, the third is
4. Which does not belong with the others?
A. Derek Jeter
B. Michael Jordan
C. LeBron James
D. Luka Dončić
5. The opposite of fiend is-
Are you ready to start preparing your child for the HSPT? Are you interested in more HSPT practice? We have over 1,700 HSPT practice questions, plus expert tutors, engaging test prep, and more! Try out our 100 Free Questions today!