CogAT Tutoring Online: 1-on-1 with Test Experts
Introducing Online CogAT Tutoring Sessions
In addition to our market-leading CogAT test prep subscriptions, Testing Mom is now proud to offer one-on-one CogAT tutoring sessions. Testing Mom’s hand-picked tutors, selected and trained by Karen Quinn, the Testing Mom, will help your child master the types of questions specific to the CogAT.
A personalized study plan tailored to your child’s strengths and weaknesses will be formulated by our CogAT experts to help ensure your child’s testing success. Watch the video below to see how our program works.
Testing Mom’s Comprehensive Online Tutoring Strategy
Your child’s first tutoring session is a complete diagnostic:
- Allows us to evaluate your child’s strengths and weaknesses for each of the sections of the test.
- Simulates how your child would perform if the test were given that day.
- Plays a big part of the “prep and practice” homework we give in between sessions.
- Evaluates the child’s test taking skills for focus, listening, paying attention and following directions.
- Builds a customized roadmap for tutoring based upon the results of the diagnostic.
How the online tutoring program works:
- Your child logs-in to our online video conferencing system via a laptop or tablet (iPad) at the scheduled time to meet with the tutor.
- The tutor is able to see and speak with your child while sharing screens for optimal interaction.
- During each session, we help your child develop pacing and time management techniques. As your child learns the material, the tutor teaches effective strategies to finish the test on time and accurately.
- At the end of each session, you’ll receive an email with a summary report of the session and “prep and practice” homework to work on before the next session.
A customized curriculum is delivered specific to your child’s needs. All curriculum has been put together by Karen Quinn, the Testing Mom, along with PhDs and other educational professionals in our flagship Testing Mom Tutoring Center in New York City.
Seasoned tutors in preparing for gifted and talented testing are teaching your child. Our tutors have extensive experience in working with young children to help with their cognitive skills development. Each tutor has been trained and certified by Karen Quinn, the Testing Mom. Many of our tutors have administered gifted tests across the country.
Your child will take a full diagnostic where we analyze your child’s strengths and weaknesses. We do an item analysis and then design the curriculum based on your child’s areas of needs in each subtest.
“Prep and Practice”:
Activities and assignments are given to your child for in between each tutoring session.
Our affordable online tutoring program is available 7 days a week from the comfort of your own home. Your child only needs a laptop or tablet with internet access. Each session is 30 minutes and you’ll receive an email with a summary of the session.
To learn more about our premier one-on-one online tutoring for the CogAT, schedule a call with one of our experts:
Looking for more resources to help your child approach the CogAT with confidence? TestingMom.com can help with:
- Hundreds of CogAT practice questions similar to the test to help your child recognize each of the nine CogAT question types and apply the right strategies to answer them correctly.
- A customizable program, based on your child’s grade level and upcoming tests, so you can target your child’s prep for maximum improvement.
- Interactive practice with 30+ games from top educational publishers to strengthen your child’s overall skills like math, language arts and more.
- A Parent Success Team to help you if you need a little advice or if you get stuck.
- Over 100,000 practice questions for the most popular tests for Pre-K to 8th Grade, including gifted and talented, private school admissions, state tests and more—all for one low price.
- Parent resources to help you easily navigate your child’s testing process.
For More CogAT Information:
What is the CogAT?
CogAT Interactive Practice Questions
See if TestingMom.com supports your child’s test by your school district. If you don't see your child's school district listed, check with us! We have practice for other tests as well.
Tell us about your experiences
Good so far
OK so far
Need help with test taking strategies, time management
Hi Tawish –
Thank you for reaching out to us!
There are two areas I would recommend to use on the website. For each specific test, we have a section called “Lessons for Parents”. In this section, we breakdown each test and provide helpful information for you. Additionally, in our Parent Resource Center, we provide some great information. I would specifically recommend Test Taking Lessons and either Test-Taking Skills Younger or Test-Taking Skills Older, depending on the age of your child.
All the best,
We want best tutors for my child for cogAT test preparation .
I would like to schedule online on to on tutor for Coag and Iowa Assessment preparation for my 2 sons kindergarten and 3rd grade
Please reach out to our Parent Success Team at email@example.com or by calling (877) 609-6203. They will be more than happy to assist you!
I don’t understand it at all
Thank you for reaching out to us. Please call or email our Parent Success Team at 877-609-6203 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be more than happy to answer any questions you have regarding this complicated test!
Want to help my child with his test taking skills.
Testingmom.com is a valuable resource for parents who want to help their children improve their test-taking skills. With various resources and tools, Testingmom.com can help children build confidence, reduce anxiety, and succeed on academic tests. Please reach out to our Parent Success Team at 877-609-6203 or email@example.com. They will help you learn more about the CogAT Test and how to find additional practice on our website!