i-Ready Diagnostic for 3rd Grade
i-Ready Diagnostic 3rd Grade Sample Questions
The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive online test that is intended to show your child’s understanding of Math and Reading and help figure out what your child is ready to learn next. As an adaptive test, questions will get easier or harder depending on how your child is progressing on the test. Questions may range up to three grade levels above your child’s current grade.
The i-Ready Diagnostic is given in the following order for children in 3rd Grade.
- Algebra and Algebraic Thinking
- Numbers and Operations
- Measurement and Data
- Comprehension: Literature
- Comprehension: Informational Text
- Phonics (if your child’s overall scale score is less than 511)
- High-Frequency Words (if your child’s score on the Phonics domain is less than 421)
Below you will find sample questions that are representative of 3rd Grade questions your child will see on the test but are not taken directly from the actual i-Ready Diagnostic that is being administered this year.
1. Where would you find the best information for a report about Chinese architecture?
A. your teacher
B. a dictionary
C. a person who lived in China with his family for three years
D. a television documentary about Chinese buildings and architecture
Read the following:
Mary had a little lamb,
Whose fleece was white as snow,
And every where that Mary went,
The lamb was sure to go.
2. What kind of writing is this?
D. fairy tale
3. Which statement is a fact, not an opinion?
A. Roxanne is a happy child.
B. Roxanne kept a daily diary.
C. Roxanne is a good friend.
D. Roxanne’s hand writing is very sloppy.
4. Solve for y. y = 3 x (9-4)
5. On the coordinate grid below, which is closer to home: the store, the library, or school?
A. The library
B. The store
C. The school
D. The store and library are equally close
6. Give the values for y in the given function:
A. 8, 11, 7, 5
B. 4, 7, 3, 0
C. 4, 7, 0, 2
D. 4, 7, 3, 2
7. Choose the correct missing word.
I know ______ the right choice.
8. Identify the sentence that contains a dependent clause.
A. The students will take an exam after lunch.
B. We ate the sandwiches, but we forgot about the potato salad.
C. When the movie ended, Sally took me home.
D. Finish your homework in the morning.
9. Which group is a phrase?
A. When the fain falls, the river rises.
B. Went to dinner after work.
C. The credits play when the movie ends.
D. After we finishing working, we went to dinner.
See if TestingMom.com supports your child’s test by your school district. If you don't see your child's school district listed, check with us! We have practice for other tests as well.
Tell us about your experiences
I would like to help my daughter practice for iready.
We have many options for practice for the i-Ready Diagnostic. Please reach out to our Parent Success Team at 877-609-6203 or email@example.com. They are happy to help you find all the resources available for you to start practicing today!